UK: Imam recites Islamic call to prayer during Church

Jakob Culture Church is Norway's leading cultural church
and hosts theatre performances, art exhibitions, concerts
and special events.
From Jihad Watch (tipset av Kirkehøyden).

“In Arabic, the imam made the declaration: ‘Allah is the greatest; I bear witness that there is no other God but Allah; I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.'”

In traditional Islamic theology, that makes the cathedral a mosque. In any case, this has caused an uproar in Britain, which will doubtless lead to charges of “Islamophobia” against those who are upset.

Peter Howell-Jones, the dean of Blackburn Cathedral, however, agrees with those who are angry: “I don’t think this should have happened here. If people are going to call for my resignation there’s nothing more I can say or do to people to pacify them because actually I agree with their arguments.” So it was all a mistake, apparently, but it’s noteworthy that Christian professions of faith are never mistakenly sounded out in mosques.

The imam was filmed reciting the Muslim call to prayer in a Church of England cathedral the night before Remembrance Day. He performed the call to worship in front of an audience of around 400 people in Blackburn Cathedral last Saturday.

In Arabic, the imam made the declaration: ‘Allah is the greatest; I bear witness that there is no other God but Allah; I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.’

It was part of a concert to commemorate the armistice and was carried out without the church’s permission.

Peter Howell-Jones, the dean of Blackburn Cathedral, has said he ‘partially agrees’ with calls for his resignation.

He told The Sunday Times: ‘I don’t think this should have happened here. If people are going to call for my resignation there’s nothing more I can say or do to people to pacify them because actually I agree with their arguments.’

Jihad Watch

Under the article, Patsy Koenig has the following comment:
Allah is greater, etc., is proof that Muslims do NOT worship the same God as Christians. 1.) Islam asserts that Allah is greater than the Holy Trinity, and 2.) A convert to Islam must say, “There is no god, but Allah… and Mohammed is his messenger.” A convert to Islam CANNOT SAY, “There is no god, but God… and Allah is his messenger.

Spikeren